MarTek Cloud processes Personal Data (as defined below) in the course of its business, including the Personal Data of people browsing the websites of MarTek Cloud (the “Sites”).
Personal data (“Personal Data”) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to the person.
Non-Personal Data means any information that does not result in the identification of a person.
- DATA COLLECTED
Visitors are individuals who visit the Sites without registering themselves. Their Personal Data likely includes:
- IP and/or MAC address
- Cookies (as described in section 10); and
- any other Personal Data as may be relevant for the purposes listed below.
Personal Data collected (including from those who visit Sites and enter information) for the purposes listed below likely includes:
- first and last name;
- postal address;
- email address;
- telephone number(s);
- login and password;
- university, degree and courses taken;
- type of organization (company, school, university, etc.), organization name, organization size, department and job title;
- industry and industry sub-industry sectors;
- people to whom purchases are shipped;
- financial data (credit card number and expiry date, name and address of the cardholder);
- IP and/or MAC address;
- Cookies (as described in section 10); and
- any other Personal Data as may be relevant for the purposes listed below.
In all cases, however, the Personal Data gathered is limited to data necessary for the purposes described in Article 4 below.
For visitors and users of the Sites: in order to use certain functions and features of the Site, MarTek Cloud requires that You provide certain Personal Data when visiting or using the Site. You are free to decide whether or not to provide all or part of Your Personal Data. However, if You choose not to provide all or part of this Personal Data, the purposes as described in Article 4 hereafter might not be achieved or not properly achieved, some areas and functions of the Sites may not function properly and/or You may be refused access to certain pages on the Site. In particular, You will not be authorized to purchase software licenses or other products or services via the Site.
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING CHILDREN
MarTek Cloud products and services are not designed to be marketed to children who are considered as minor under the applicable data protection law and MarTek Cloud does not knowingly collect or store Personal Data from children under such age. For children whose usual place of residence is in the European Union, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, the default age at which a person is no longer considered a child is 16 subject to local law to adjust that limit between 13 and 16.
Certain MarTek Cloud products and services may be appropriate for use by children, however, in which case children below the age of consent under local data protection laws must seek consent from their parents or guardians prior to creating a MarTek Cloud account or registering a product. Teachers and school administrators may act in the place of parents and guardians and provide consent for the collection of Personal Data from children (schools should always ensure that they have received permission from parents or guardians to do so).
If parents or guardians become aware that their child has provided MarTek Cloud with Personal Data without their consent or without a teacher’s or school administrator’s consent, they can ask MarTek Cloud to remove such Personal Data and terminate the child’s account by sending an email to the MarTek Cloud Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
If MarTek Cloud becomes aware that it has collected Personal Data from a child below the age of consent under local data protection laws without consent from a parent or guardian, MarTek Cloud will take steps to seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent for that processing or to remove such Personal Data and terminate the child’s account.
- PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Whether You are a visitor or a user, MarTek Cloud collects Your Personal Data for the following legal grounds and for the following purposes:
– Processing activities based on Your consent:
- To improve Your user experience;
- To recognize that You have given a Personal Data so You don’t need to do it for every web page requested;
– Processing activities based on MarTek Cloud’s legitimate interest:
- To enable MarTek Cloud to manage surveys.
In addition, when You are a user, MarTek Cloud collects Your Personal Data on the following legal grounds and for the following purposes:
– Processing activities based on Your prior consent:
- To enable You to request and receive information on MarTek Cloud and MarTek Cloud products and services from MarTek Cloud or a third-party engaged by MarTek Cloud;
- To ascertain Your requirements and interests and provide You with the most suitable products and/or services ;
- To enable MarTek Cloud to manage its marketing activities
- To enable You to register for a seminar, webinar, or event;
- To enable You to enter a contest;
- To enable You to create a user profile . MarTek Cloud provides You with the possibility of using its Sites (including forums, blogs, and networks), and MarTek Cloud products and services that require You to register and create an account. User profiles provide the option to display personal information about You to other users, including but not limited to Your name, photo, social media accounts, postal or email address, or both, telephone number, personal interests, skills, and basic information about Your company. These profiles may relate to a single Site or may also allow You to access MarTek Cloud products and services, or both.
MarTek Cloud may provide some strictly necessary personal data such as a hashed user ID to third party operated social networks or other web offerings (such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, or Google) where this information is matched against the social networks own databases in order to display to You more relevant information.
– Processing based on MarTek Cloud’s legitimate interest:
- To enable MarTek Cloud to manage its marketing activities for similar goods and products if You are already using MarTek Cloud products and services;
- To manage the MarTek Cloud obligations related to applicable export laws, trade sanctions, and embargoes issued, without limitation, by the European Union and its member states, and of the United States of America. This may include (i) automated checks of any user registration data as set out herein and other information You provide about Your identity against applicable sanctioned-party lists; (ii) regular repetition of such checks whenever a sanctioned-party list is updated or when You update Your information; (iii) blocking of access to MarTek Cloud services and systems in case of a potential match; and (iv) contacting You to confirm Your identity in case of a potential match;
– Processing based on the performance of a contract:
- To provide You with a personalized interactive use of the Sites;
- To allow You to open and maintain an account in order to obtain specialized documentation and technical assistance;
- To access all the features and options offered by the Sites;
- To enable You to exchange with other users of the Sites;
- To enable MarTek Cloud to manage its business relationships, including sales opportunities, commercial offers, purchasing, contracts, orders, invoices, which may include conversational data triggered via chat functionalities on the Sites, contact forms, emails, and voice messaging data;
- To provide You with commercial or support-type services;
- To enable You to purchase software licenses, or products or services, download software and/or register software licenses; and
- To manage Your training and/or certification on MarTek Cloud products and services. MarTek Cloud may also track users’ learning progress in order to make this information available to them.
Generally, when consent is not required, You cannot opt out of non-marketing related communications that are required for the relevant business relationship. With regard to marketing-related communications (e.g., emails and phone calls), MarTek Cloud will (i) where legally required, only send You such communications after You have opted in, and (ii) provide You the opportunity to opt out of receiving further marketing-related communications from MarTek Cloud.
When You register for an event organized by MarTek Cloud, MarTek Cloud may share Your name, company, and email address with other participants and sponsors of the same event for the purpose of communication and the exchange of ideas. In addition, MarTek Cloud may ask You for information about Your health for the sole purpose of identifying and being considerate of individuals who have disabilities or special dietary requirements throughout the event.
Subject to applicable local law, by providing Personal Data such as but not limited to e-mail address, You hereby expressly authorize MarTek Cloud and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“MarTek Cloud Group Companies”) to use it together with other relevant Personal Data to send You commercial or marketing communications. MarTek Cloud might also use Your email address for administrative or other non-marketing purposes (for example, to notify You of significant changes to the Sites). Within the MarTek Cloud Anti-Piracy and Compliance program, MarTek Cloud Group Companies may collect and use Your Personal Data together with additional relevant Personal Data collected through other processing activities.
- PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
MarTek Cloud does not store Your Personal Data for more time than necessary. Retention periods may vary depending on the data categories and the processing activities.
Where MarTek Cloud is processing and using Your Personal Data as permitted by law or under Your consent, MarTek Cloud will store Your Personal Data (i) only as long as required to fulfill the purposes set out above, (ii) where MarTek Cloud has a legitimate interest in using Your Personal Data, until You object to MarTek Cloud’s use of Your Personal Data, or (iii) where You gave Your consent, until You withdraw it. However, where MarTek Cloud is required by applicable law to retain Your Personal Data longer or where Your Personal Data is required to assert or defend against legal claims, MarTek Cloud will retain Your Personal Data until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Please note that MarTek Cloud may transfer Your Personal Data outside of the European Union, as long as before transferring Your Personal Data, MarTek Cloud has ascertained that non-European Union entities, including MarTek Cloud Group Companies, offer an adequate level of protection in accordance with European legislation.
- RIGHT TO ACCESS, TO RECTIFICATION AND OTHER RIGHTS
You have a right to access Your Personal Data. In addition, You have a right to request the rectification, completion, update or erasure of Your Personal Data. You have a right to restrict processing. You also have a right to obtain a copy of Your Personal Data stored by MarTek Cloud. You have a right to object, in relation to specific processing of Your Personal Data. Additionally, You may have a right to data portability.
If You have an account, You can exercise Your rights by logging on to Your account. Otherwise, You may exercise Your rights by sending an email to the: firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on the scope of the request, MarTek Cloud reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover any out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such access, modification and deletion of Personal Data. MarTek Cloud may deny access to Personal Data in limited circumstances, defined by applicable laws and regulations.
- DATA RECIPIENTS
Additionally, MarTek Cloud may also share Your Personal Data with business partners when MarTek Cloud and the business partner sponsor an event together or participate in a marketing promotion together and in which You engage.
MarTek Cloud may also disclose Your Personal Data if required by law or if MarTek Cloud believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (for example, a warrant, a subpoena, or other court order) or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MarTek Cloud, MarTek Cloud’s customers, or the public.
If allowed by applicable law, MarTek Cloud may also share Your Personal Data with third-parties in order to offer You targeted marketing or advertising.
- DATA SECURITY
MarTek Cloud undertakes to ensure the protection and security of Personal Data that You choose to communicate, in order to ensure the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and prevent Your Personal Data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
MarTek Cloud maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. As part of those safeguards, MarTek Cloud employs sophisticated technology designed to protect Personal Data during its transmission and prevent transmission errors or unauthorized acts of third-parties. However, while MarTek Cloud strives to protect Your Personal Data, in light of the inevitable risks of data transmission over the internet, MarTek Cloud cannot guarantee full protection against any error occurring during the course of Personal Data transmission which is beyond MarTek Cloud’s reasonable control.
Since all Personal Data is confidential, access is limited to employees, contractors and agents of MarTek Cloud or MarTek Cloud Group Companies who have a need to know such data in carrying out their tasks. All the people who have access to Your Personal Data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and subject to disciplinary actions and/or other sanctions if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, it is important for You to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to Your Personal Data. You are responsible for the confidentiality of Your password and information appearing on Your account. Consequently, You must ensure that You log out of Your session in the event of shared use of a computer.
– improve Your user experience through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognize Your device so You don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- recognizing that You may already have given a username and password so You don’t need to do so for every web page requested;
– analyze traffic and data on the Sites to:
- measure how many people are using the Sites, so the Sites can be made easier to use and navigate and to make sure there is enough capacity to ensure the Sites have adequate response times;
- help MarTek Cloud understand how users interact with the Sites so MarTek Cloud can improve their functionality and performance.
MarTek Cloud may also use third-party services (such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Piwik, DART, LinkedIn) to perform services on its behalf, in particular to:
- analyze Your browsing habits and measure the Sites audience,
- analyze Your interests and offer You targeted marketing or advertising,
- allow You to share content from the services with other people on social networks or to let these other people know what You are looking at or what You think (e.g., the “Like” button on Facebook)
In such a case, cookies provided by such third-party vendors may be used and stored. By transmitting the information generated by these cookies, the cookies’ settings ensure that an IP address is anonymized before geo-localization and before storage. Our providers will use this information for the evaluation of Your use of the Sites, compiling reports on the Sites activity for MarTek Cloud, to propose better services to You that are suited to Your needs, and display advertisements You that are suited to Your needs. Cookies will not associate Your IP address with any other data they hold.
You can set Your preferences here.
- LINKS TO WEBSITES NOT CONTROLLED BY MarTek Cloud OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES
The Sites might offer links to third-party websites that may be of interest to You.
MarTek Cloud does not exercise any control over the content of third-party websites or the practices of these third-parties in connection with the protection of Personal Data that they might collect and are thus not in the control of MarTek Cloud. Consequently, MarTek Cloud shall have no liability for the content of third-party websites or the practices of these third-parties concerning the protection of Personal Data.
It is therefore Your responsibility to inform yourself of the privacy policies of these third-party websites.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Although MarTek Cloud has put in place reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Data, MarTek Cloud +recognizes that there is no method of transmitting or storing Personal Data that is completely secure.
However, MarTek Cloud is committed to ensure the privacy of Personal Data: if You have a reason to believe that the security of Your Personal Data has been compromised or misused, You should contact MarTek Cloud Data Protection Officer via the following address: email@example.com
Unauthorized access to Personal Data or the improper use of Personal Data may constitute offenses under local law.
If Your usual place of residence is in European Union, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, You have a right to file a complaint with Your competent data protection authority.