Why should I have 24/7 Live chat on a website?
Why should I have Live chat on a website? There are so many reasons that live chat for a website is so very important
- Massive advancements in technology
- Customers needs for immediate answers
- The recent Pandemic
- A huge increase in online revenues
- Phone automation and wait times have been filled with errors and lack the personable approach
The benefits of live chat for business
You are already familiar with the growing popularity and benefits of live chat for business websites. There is a direct correlation in sales growth and customer loyalty. Here are some statistics when you add live chat to website that you own:
- Customers who use live chat on your website, spend up to 60% more per purchase than those who don’t. What business does not want more revenue?
- Live chat will be responsible for $987.3 million in revenue per year by 2023. Every year, the trend increases. Yes, the numbers are different per industry but in every research report we looked at, there is a constant steady increase
- Live chat improves conversion rates by 3.84%
- The “talkers” spend more. We know that we always look at the average time we spend with a customer. As a business, we are under the belief that the longer we speak with an individual, that it actually costs us money. However with Live chat on a website, the “talkers “ spend on average 60% more per transaction.
- Live chat is the number one service choice for shoppers between 18 and 49 years old. – In fact, 36.5% of women in the US aged 18-29 have used it at least once. Another 37.5% of those between 30 and 39 years old have used it many times. Despite that, only 62% of retailers adopted it on desktop and 55% on mobile sites in 2019.
But what if you’re a B2B company? Does this also apply live chat on your website?
B2B companies also benefit if they apply live chat on your website:
- B2B has a 61% base of live chat users. – This is rather unexpected data considering the fact that B2C is a larger category of customers but B2B benefits are almost doubled when using live chat platforms.
- For B2B, the benefits of live chat for business tell us that adding live chat to your website can improve conversions by 12%. This is 300% more effective than B2C
- With the B2b type when you add live chat to website, you are 1,200% more likely to capture lead data. – and if you are a B2B company we all know the importance of a good quality lead with quality data.
- The report on the best live chat software will give you email, location, the web pages they look for, the demographics, and the script of the entire conversation. What is more valuable to a B2B company than that type of lead?
- B2B leads are busy individuals. So busy that 71% of all B2B clients expect immediate answers 24-7 when they have the time to research what there needs are.
Customer Loyalty in using live chat platforms as opposed to other mediums?
Are customers more happy when using live chat platforms as opposed to other mediums?
- At 73 to 81%, live chat platforms has the highest satisfaction level for any customer service channel. The statistics vary by industry of course but overall. However, customer satisfaction are consistently higher compared to other channels like email (61%), apps (53%), social media (48%), and phone (44%).
- 62% of potential customers visiting your website on a mobile device will use live chat platforms.
- 79% of customers say they prefer live chat simply because of the immediacy it offers. – let’s face it, we want answers now and we want it to be with a real person.
- 41% of customers think a company that offers live chat on its website is more trustworthy. – Trust is always so critical for building a long-term relationship with your customers. Old school marketing teaches us that it takes a lifetime to build trust and only one bad experience to lose them. You send a signal that you care for your customers. This statistic also seems to rise my a few percentage points every year
- In short, there is much higher customer satisfaction, increased loyalty, and greater repeat business when you add live chat to a website.
Is it cost effective when I add live chat service providers?
What are the costs associated when I add live chat service providers?
- Live chat costs companies 15-33% less compared to phone support.
- When using the best live chat software and a properly trained live chat expert, each employee can handle on average anywhere from 3 to 7 conversations at a time.
- 48% increase in revenue per chat hour and a 40% increase in conversion rate compared to all other mediums combined.
- Live chat costs more than 75% less than handling phone calls. If the average employee cost is $15 an hour and they can handle 1 call at a time. Then a properly trained live chat agent who can handle multiple inquiries. This decreases the average cost to just over $3.05 per hour
Summary: Why should I have Live chat on a website?
If you are still contemplating the desire to “add live chat to my website” here is an easy summary to consider
- The changing expectations of B2C and B2B customers are driving the need for a faster, more personalized, and more accurate channel for business-customer communication.
- Live chat fulfills these criteria better than any other medium, ensuring a more satisfying CX customer experience.
- Significant increase in profitability and revenue per transaction.
- A sizable decrease in costs because of productivity.
Sources and additional information:
Written by Martek for the sake of keeping you informed to the latest trends. A list of sources we used to verify that all the data listed above is accurate. This post is always checked and up to date.
Software Advice – Hubspot – Kayakoo – Gartner – eMarketer – Performance Magazine – Live Agent – Zoho – Forbes – Super Office – Hubspot – Emarketer